Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) exchanged 8381160 shares on hands in most recent trading session and observed an average volume with 11.22M shares. The stock acknowledged active focus on shares in the last trading session. MPC disclosed a change of 7.49% and its listed share value at $28.43 in Tuesday trading period. This company belong to USA Country and part of Basic Materials sector. It has a market capitalization of $18.39B. Using market capitalization to display company size because this is basic factor of different characteristics to develop the investors’ interests including risk.
A Simple moving average is one of the most flexible as well as most-commonly used technical analysis indicators. It is highly popular among traders, mostly because of its simplicity. It works best in a trending environment. Simple Moving Average calculated as an average of the last N-periods (20-Day, 50-Day, 200-Day).The share price is an upward from its 20 days moving average with 18.44% and trading from 50 days moving average with -10.58%. The stock price is performing along negative drift from its 200 days moving average with -44.41%.Any type of moving average can be used to generate buy or sell signals and this process is very simple. The charting software plots the moving average as a line directly into the price chart.
Currently Relative Strength Index (RSI-14) reading of stock is 52.92. RSI reading varies between 0 and 100. Speed and change of stock price movement is measured by the RSI momentum oscillator. J. Welles Wilder developed Relative Strength Index (RSI) that is used most commonly as momentum indicator. Commonly when RSI goes below 30 then stock is overload and stock is overbought when it goes above 70. 30 to 70 are considered a normal reading of a stock. General trend, finding deviations and failure swings can be detected by using RSI.
Volatility remained at 6.24% over last week and shows 10.83% volatility in last month. Market risk that established with market trade and it is measured by beta factor. Beta indicator lies at 1.99. Risk is measured on the beta factor, if beta is higher than 1 then risk is higher and if beta is lower than 1, then risk will be low. VOLATILITY is also measured by ATR an exponential moving average (14-days) of the True Ranges. ATR value stands at 2.62.
Net profit margin of the company is 2.10% that shows the company earning by every dollar of sales. Gross margin is detected at 11.50% and Operating Margin is noted at 4.50%. Return on Assets (ROA) shows that the company is profitable as compared to its total assets which is 2.70%. Return on Investment (ROI) is 7.20%. Return on Equity (ROE) is 7.80%.
MPC revealed weekly performance of 19.86% and shown yearly performance of -53.39%. The stock moved to -58.20% in last six months and it maintained for the month at 22.81%. The stock noted year to date performance at -52.81% and changed about -46.29% over the last three months. The stock’s price situated at -59.18% from 52 week high and stock price seen at 86.30% when looking at 52 week low price.
According to data provided by FINVIZ, the current analyst consensus rating supposed at 1.8 on company shares (1.0 Strong Buy, 2.0 Buy, 3.0 Hold, 4.0 Sell, 5.0 Strong Sell). Looking ahead of 52-week period, the stock will achieve $49.57 price. This mean target price is expected by analysts.